When I stand in your presence, I’m taken with your beauty and genius! I feel your unlimited essence and the great intention you brought with you before fear weighed you down.
I’m certain that you came here on purpose to be the hero of your life. I’m certain that you outlined a plan for this journey–a road map with specific destinations highlighted for your visit.
Oh, did you say you were overweight? Did you mention your skin was a different color? I can’t remember. It’s so hard to focus on the physical form, the temporary costume. It’s so irrelevant when your vivid shining grace, your radiant essence, is blinding me. I forget if you said you were an engineer, a doctor, or a murderer. It’s all the same to me.
My only concern is that you remember you came here on purpose as an angel on a divine mission.
When your heart shatters, leaving remnants of you in pieces–a coat hanging from a tree branch, your favorite sweater wrapped around a pole, a strand of your golden hair spread across the sky–your small mind will open and you’ll see a different point of view. The paradox of human life will reveal itself. You’ll weep from its beauty. You’ll cry to try again.
You’ll beg the angels to let you stay and help your sister, your daughter, your friend to see everything this new way. You’ll forgive your enemy and your lover. The trick is doing this here and now.
I want to help you remember who you are now. When you tell me your date of birth, an intuitive gateway opens and through that gateway, I feel your soul’s intention and your pain. I see your gifts. I’m shown a vision of your sacred work and how you intend to help the world. I see you clearly as a divine being here on purpose.
When you speak, I’m always surprised that you don’t see this. When you cry, I know it’s because your soul is remembering something long forgotten. I watch you struggle to reconcile the vast gap between a fearless divine you and the you that you are today.
When you get angry, I know it’s because you’ve worked so hard and gotten nowhere. But, I remind you, it wasn’t your true work. It wasn’t who you came here to be.
Why don’t you see your own divine essence or remember the gifts you brought with you to save the world? You believed it once. Then you let it go, allowed it to slip away beyond your reach, buried under your pain.
Why do you believe the stories that belittle your beauty and diminish your power? Why have you wasted time fitting in when the world so desperately needs your great work? Why are you angry when divine order is always working in your favor? Why do you put so much energy into being ordinary when clearly you’re an angel with wings of genius?
As you hurry to the job that belittles you or the relationship that stifles you, I want to grab your arm and say, “Don’t be afraid. Your gifts can save you! Remember why you came here.”
When we define ourselves as different from our partners, we put them in a box. This blocks the intuitive connection that naturally flows between two people in a loving relationship. It prevents deep understanding.
The truth is our differences are purely superficial. We may be wearing different costumes for this lifetime and playing completely different roles. But we’re all made from the same– divine energy. And we’re all on the same journey–evolving to our highest potential as we try to raise consciousness on Planet Earth.
We’ve all been here many times before as men, women, heroes, villains, soldiers, and saints. We each experience every path before our soul’s evolution is complete. This lifetime, like all the others, is a limited-run engagement.
When we open our hearts and embrace this shared journey, intuition flows freely between us. When we close our hearts in fear and separation–our intuition shuts down–especially in intimate relationships.
When we fall in love, our hearts are wide open. We’re in the flow of divine intuition. Intuition comes from the heart and love opens this portal to allow deep connection between two people.
It’s nearly impossible to maintain this blissful, openhearted state 365 days a year. However, in our daily meditations we can open the heart and feel our partner’s pain, challenges, and gifts. This practice builds deep connection and compassion in our relationships.
If you want awesome love, stop seeing the other person as different or separate from you. Stop putting him in a box. Instead, start FEELING your deep connection to him as an old friend on a shared journey of evolution.
Ask yourself if you have been categorizing your partner in any of these ways:
• You’re a man (simple & unemotional), and I’m a woman (complicated and emotional).
• You’re introverted and I’m extroverted.
• You’re rigid and I’m flexible.
• You’re emotional and I’m logical.
Try saying these words instead and discuss how it feels:
“We’re divine beings on a shared journey –each with gifts and talents we’ve brought to accomplish our great work. I’m here to help you live up to your greatest potential, as you do the same for me. This is our sacred agreement.”
Remember that we’re all made of energy–pulsing waves of light. The goal is to raise our frequencies together and get on the same wavelength where love and intuition flow freely.
Practice Daily Intuition
1. Write your thoughts on what it would be like to trade lifetimes with your partner. Say to your partner: “I see your journey of pain and I see your great gifts. I understand you more than you know. I will not separate myself from you, but rather take your hand and help you live up to your unrealized potential.”
2. List the qualities that you and your partner share (such as a sense of humor, intelligence, compassion, love of nature, etc.).
3. Imagine you’re connected to your partner through waves of pulsing light binding you together through numerous lifetimes in different roles. Draw a picture or write a paragraph describing this connection and discuss it with your partner.
4. Meditate to Enhance the Intuitive Connection with Your Partner. Write your partner’s name and birth date on a sheet of paper. Put your hand on the information, close your eyes, and meditate. Quiet your mind with mantra or prayer. After a few minutes, when your mind settles down, ask to see the mission your loved one came to experience. Ask to understand his pain and clearly see his gifts and talents. Ask what he came to accomplish. Ask for divine guidance to help your partner move forward to his highest potential. Write down any guidance or images you receive–as long as it’s wise, loving guidance from the highest source. (If anything ever feels frightening or negative, dismiss it immediately and repeat Om Namah Shivaya or The Lord’s Prayer to protect yourself.). Later, at a quiet time, share what you’ve written. Or use the information to help you understand and support your partner’s journey.
5. Practice Intuitive Decision Making. To build your intuitive connection to each other, practice this exercise daily: When you need to make a decision together–whether it’s choosing a place to have dinner or deciding on job offer–close your eyes and quiet your mind with mantra meditation. Picture yourselves at the restaurant you’re considering. Look at your surroundings. See and smell the food on your plates. Listen to the sounds. Now notice how your body feels. Does it feel good? Do you feel happy and excited? Are you smiling? If so, your intuition is saying yes to that choice. Share your impressions with your partner. Are they the same as his? When your intuitive connection is strong, you’ll arrive at the same conclusions time and time again. And when you follow through and make choices based on that gut feeling, your experience will be positive. If your intuitive connection is not strong, it’s time to meditate together daily. This is the greatest way to open your hearts and allow intuition to flow to one other.
Ask Yourself These Questions:
1. Do I remember times from our past when we felt intuitively connected? Describe them and how they felt.
2. How can I better open our intuitive connection now? What steps am I willing to take to make that happen?
3. What steps am I willing to take to change the negative energy patterns we’ve created in the past?
Practice these steps daily for two weeks and you’ll see a huge positive shift in your relationship. You’ve renewed your original intuitive open-hearted connection!
I recently had a wonderful interview with Shelly Wilson an Intuitive Medium, Reiki Master and Spiritual Teacher. Listen to our wonderful conversation below for a unique experience and hear live readings that happened live on the line!